Album
Thursday, July 20, 2006
 
I have been travelling a lot...

Really! looking at my blog..i see only travelogues. Anyway, we had been to Swamimalai few weeks back. This has been a long pending visit - should have gone after our marriage. But better late than never. It is a nice temple, but after being a regular at kapaleeshwarar temple, I feel for the crowd Swamimalai is pulling, the temple could have been better maintained.
We also stopped over at Kumbeshwarar temple in kumbakonam.


There is an interesting story associated with kumbeshwarar temple -
http://www.eprarthana.com/temples/thanjavur/tn1571aadi.asp?tid=1571

But the most impressive temple during the visit was the Ram temple in kumabakonam. The deity was so majestic - I could just keep looking at the diety for a long time. Entire ramayana was depcited as paintings in the walls. There are so many short stories with in Ramayana, I realized, I dint know many of them on seeing those paintings. The temple also has lot of beautiful intricate stone carvings.

Over all a very satisfying trip ( if we forget the goof up the abirami travels did - we had to wait in the bus stand for 3-4 hours with all our luggage and stuff- Irritating!)

Had also been to Hyd for couple of days - project work. Any day, any time, it is really nice meeting old college friends. Had been to the one of the eat-outs near Husain Sagar lake. The lake is beautiful. Pity, I could not visit the birla mandir (kept reminding me of the saraswati temple in BITS). Is that lake really man made!!!!

What am I up to now?? - S~ in US, me keeping fingers crossed - waiting for my visa.

(P.S- I did not click those pics. Got it through Google. Thank You to whoever clicked them)
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
-An attempt at compressing my life in words and pictures...

ARCHIVES
July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / March 2006 / April 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / November 2006 /



My Photo Album...
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from aarthi_srik tagged with pinnewala. Make your own badge here.


Currently Reading...


I Frequent..
Archa
RS
Ramya
Naveen
IBH
Anupama
Kiruba
Saffron
Bus
Nitya
Damuk
Kumari
Subashini

Powered by Blogger