Album
Friday, November 18, 2005
 
Chandramukhi Enters Fancy Dress Competition...


(photo courtesy Hindu)
Anything out of the ordinary always attracts attention. I read this article in Hindu and was instantly impressed. I have myself participated in a few fancy dress competitions during my school days. But it was always the routine make-ups you would see in any fancy dress competition - Iyer mami with madisar, radha, nurse etc. I keep asking my amma, couldn't you think of anything else at all. Easier said than done ah? My amma was working and I guess she would have had a tough time - thinking of ideas, preparing me, hunting for costumes, dressing me up. Infact, she used to take off that day. The competitions are more of a test for the parents than the kids. My sister got to do a Burmese once. I still remember how we hunted for her burmese costume. But it was a big hit. I guess, the routine nehru, gandhi, indra gandhi have all taken a back seat now and children are becoming more creative (or should I say the parents!).

The girl in pic won the price for her performance as chandramukhi in a fancy dress competition conducted by BSNL! Way to Go!

Link to article in Hindu


 
Comments:
Yea, I loved such fancy dress competitions too! I agree that it was more intended towards the innovativeness of the parents..

My mom once dressed me up like a 'horoscope' man with a parrot in my hands. He was my pet, I was irritated because a huge crowd of children gathered around me to have a look at my parrot and he got agitated and became restless..Poor soul!
 
Impressive!

Lemme know how the bloggers meet goes :)
 
Yeah I too saw this, very good effort by that girl and her parents, close to reality...clothes, accessories..expression all well done.
 
That girl's parents had some guts. I remember showing up as a minister from S.Ve.Sekhar's Aiyeram Udhai Vangiye Aburva Sigamani, but that was simple, a dothi, glasses and a towel, the one that this girl pulled needed a lot of time and I think they have done a good job.
 
Though I appreciate the creativity exhibited by Parents and the child in this latest episode, I'm a bit saddened by the fact that they resorted to cinema for their creative thought!

Its unfortunate that we are grooming our younger generation to ape and mimic what the movie stars "dole out" in the name of performance..As if there is a derth of imagination, we keep going back to the cinema for everything .. right from the dresses, to the mannerisms, etc..

Its a sad reality that we are starting to see a generation that has NO, I repeat, NO role models of any kind left and all they are left to deal with are the rising importance of Movie stars..Unfortunately, there is no Gandhi, Nehru, et al left in the minds of these parents and children as their little brains are bombarded with messages from the moviedom every minute of their existance in TN..

Though I appreciate every bit of the creativity expressed in this instance, I wish they utilized this opportunity to sow a seed of "inspiration" in the young mind..Hope this culture of aping movie stars changes in the days to come..
 
OMG!!! I am scared!!!!!!!!
 
@naveen, the horoscope man is a gr8 idea...hvnt seen on in the competitions i hv been to so far

@RS, i am down with fever...not sure if i will be able to make it to the meet...

@karan,karthik, geronemothrust,vishnu, thanks for stopping by...do keep coming!

@geronemothrust, there is a good and bad in everything...as long u take the good and leave out the bad, all is fine:-)
 
I loved the fancy dress competitions of kindergarten students..too cute:)...
there was a forward doing the rounds when chandramukhi got released(meant to scare)..this pic scared me even more!
 
Aarthi..Its time for your next post :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
-An attempt at compressing my life in words and pictures...

ARCHIVES
July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / March 2006 / April 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / November 2006 /



My Photo Album...
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from aarthi_srik tagged with pinnewala. Make your own badge here.


Currently Reading...


I Frequent..
Archa
RS
Ramya
Naveen
IBH
Anupama
Kiruba
Saffron
Bus
Nitya
Damuk
Kumari
Subashini

Powered by Blogger